It took me awhile to get started yesterday. I was so exhausted. But get up I did. I had to run errands in addition to getting my eyebrows threaded. I am still on the richest man of Babylon kick, so I have been better about planning my grocery shopping. In fact, I only allowed myself two junk food items: some kettle corn and some Italian cookies from Whole Foods. On the menu last night, was Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas. This no cook recipe from Cooking Light Magazine was excellent! It only took me 30 minutes to prepare all of the items and it was yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tostadas)
- 1 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 (6-inch) corn tostada shells
1. Place avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic.
2. Combine remaining 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeño; toss well.
3. Combine chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine. Spread about 1 tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell; top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and about 2 tablespoons salsa.